Do you keep your mouth shut when people post about their relationship problems on facebook?

one guy in particular is always bashing his wife. then like a month later they're in love again. she has the dignity NOT to post about it on facebook atleast. and it's disgusting because he's the same age as me, almost 30, but apparently his mind is still stuck in highschool (where i know him from) and he just posted that his wife has been cheating for months and he'll never believe in true love again. i typed in the comment box a sarcastic comment about how posting it on facebook always helps, but decided not to post it. i just so badly want to be like dude- it's nobody's business what's going on in your marriage! i know i have the ability to block his posts but at the same time if he's going to throw it out there then he should expect criticism.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• Yeah.
    That type will turn around and use your words against you. Not worth the effort.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• i know. he reminds me of an ex of mine, he has the jesus complex. he's a persecuted saint in his mind when really he's a manipulative controlling asshole that can't see that everything is really his fault
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• nobody on my FB does that so...
    not an issue for me- I guess I'd probably stay out of it though if it was happening
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• If they're entertaining, I make popcorn. If they're just irritating, I bump them down to "acquaintance" so only their important posts show up. I don't say anything openly, but for some people, I'll message them and point out they're being a drama llama (nieces and nephews occasionally need the reality check that their grandparents, parents and younger cousins can see all the shit they're posting)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I had a friend who aired her dirty laundry all of the time, I did send her a PM and told her how immature it made her look, she said that is what Facebook is for, to get feedback, I almost told her about Answers, but refrained because she has some crazy crap going on, LOL-I now have told her I downsized my facebook to family only, and unfriended her.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Not many of my FB friends do it, but if someone does, I keep out of it for the most part, although, I did get unfriended by my SIL (brother's crazy wife/ex-wife, no way of telling which she is this week) several months ago by default, I suppose. Seriously, though, if she didn't want us (my sisters, mom, and I) discussing among ourselves (at least we weren't doing it openly on FB), don't post your personal business on FB.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I don't know a lot of people that have relationship drama on FB. I know by conversations that things are rocky and see posts of love and fidelity. Seems strange to profess something when in reality it's falling apart. Why post anything? Get off the computer and communicate with your partner.

Now, there are other types of drama (not between spouses) that I see drag out on FB. I just ignore. I don't give a shit anyway.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I never comment. I just hide or delete them if it gets that bad.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I never comment on those either. People put WAY too much info on Facebook sometimes, its irritating,
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I don't have anyone on my FB that airs their dirty laundry, but I still have a hard time not responding sarcastically to annoying posts.

The vague posts irk me most of all. Damn attention whores.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2013