Constipation should I send her to school?

So my oldest dd came home with her stomach hurting yesterday. She was constipated she still hasn't pooped its been 3 days she usually goes every day once or twice. Her belly doesn't hurt as bad but she said its still upset. yesterday she was crying yesterday from the pain and shes been up an hour and we have another hour before school and she hasnt complained. She said she wants to go to school. My drs office doesn't open until 10 so I'm not sure what to do? We've never hd this problem before.

Is constipation a reason to keep your LO home?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 9:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She said the pain is bellow her belly button, now she just puked! She's not going ill have to call her dr.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• if they are miserable (any physical ailment) I keep them home because they focus on the pain and not learning.
    so- it's your judgement call.

has she tried juice/ fruit/ bicycling (even just legs in the air)/ fibre/ warm bath?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Yesterday it hurt her to move around to much today ill try and make her if it doesn't hurt to much. I'm going to call her dr. And try and get her in today because she's not a complainer or cryer and last night freaked me out a little to see her that way. I'm afraid the more she eats the worse the pain will get today if she doesn't poop.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Keep some Miralax in the house
    Most likely that is what the doc will suggest anyway

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• When she comes home, try this:

http://pedia-lax.com/products/liquid-glycerin-suppositories

Works in minutes & is doesn't cause cramps.

It's amazing.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Aw, poor thing. Have you given her dried prunes? They taste good, and seriously, four or five of them should do the trick.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• No I like to eat them and she tried them once and didn't like them. I'm waiting for the dr. to open right now.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2013