What would you say..to another Mom...

my DD's Girl scout troop has this one mom doesn't bathe or wash her clothes they are stained with baby food and her nails and everything are dirty...they are in middle school and the leader doesn't want it to sound like she is pointing her finger at her about being clean and making her daughter embarassed but they are at the age 12 and 13 were they need to be clean....what are you suggestions!

MadisMomma1969

Asked by MadisMomma1969 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I wouldn't say anything.

If she's that filthy it would become a question of neglect.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• You don't say anything, BUT send out a general reminder of appropriate dress and cleanliness to EVERYONE in the troop.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Do you really want someone advising your child who feels the need to talk about other people behind their backs?
    or
    Are all the moms in this troop getting together to gossip about this woman's appearance?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• This is not a topic that should be being gossiped about... I wouldn't say anything. A persons hygiene is their own deal... not mine.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Are we talking "she looks like a homeless person" kind of not bathing? Or "she's not steam cleaned daily" kind of not bathing? Or somewhere in between?

What is the child like?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I wouldn't say anything. It's not my place to do so.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Is she like this everytime or was it once or twice she showed up for meetings in clothes with stains and some body odor to make someone think she does not shower or wash her clothes?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I agree about the neglect. Maybe it's a CPS issue?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• The child or the mother? Don't say anything
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I'm not getting this. If the mom isn't clean, well, she's a grown-up. That's her choice. If the kid isn't clean, you have to decide if she's dealing with neglect. If not, what about having a make-up workshop with the Girl Scouts, or a laundry workshop, or whatever she needs, but for all of them and not singling her out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2013