Who has prepaid cell phone service?

I'm looking at the plans and trying to pick one. We will need two basic phones. Best plans I see are T-mobile 30 a month unlimited text, web and 100 minutes.

That's pretty low minutes and no one goes on the web on a basic phone, so they're advertising nothing there.

Verizon has a 35 a month plan for a basic phone with unlimited text, web and 500 minutes.

Then again- I don't know how much taxes and fees are going to bring the total to?

This is confusing. Plus the phones are stupid expensive- like 40 dollars for the most basic piece of crap.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Technology

• I use Virgin. I refuse to sign a contract for phone service. I pay $55 unlimited talk/text/web. Basic, I think, is $35/month
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Not me I have a iPhone & plan. I did use boost once, it was pretty good.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I have Virgin mobile. I pay $32/month for basic.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I have had Verizon's. prepaid and the service was good I'm pretty sure you just pay the 35 if I remember correctly.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• https://www.pagepluscellular.com/

We don't bother with a month to month plan, just pay as we go, since it's DH's phone and he doesn't use it that much.  They use Verizon's network for a tiny fraction of the price

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Oh, and you don't buy a phone to use that - you just use your existing phone and port over your phone number
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Page plus uses Verizon's tower's and phones so if you have a phone that is Verizon you can just use that. We were just using the pay as you go (not monthly amount) until we finally upgraded to smart phones. You buy a card for a certain amount and use it. When your balance gets low or it is about to expire (I think 90 days) it tells you and you add more. Simple and cheap. We still use page plus now with a monthly plan for our smart phones.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• My kids have Virgin Mobile, 300 talk, unlimited text and web. $30/month

Answer by missanc at 12:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• https://www.consumercellular.com/savingsb   Hate to see you waste money on a prepaid cell plan. They will spam you with texts and eat your minutes before you can use them

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Dh and I both use tracfone
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2013