Random Questions

I am about 23 weeks along and my little one (girl) is quite an active person...im always going to the bathroom! and I feel more sluggish and tired in this trimester then I did in the first. I do try and get sleep early, but it never feels like enough. During lunch I have "discovered" ginger ale and brisk iced tea mixed together is DELICIOUS lol is that a deadly combo? also the lower part of my stomach is/feels tight especially when I walk is that good? and last question if my baby is due in Jan when is the best time to have a baby shower? I just recently started working on the registry. Being that my financial situation is kinda tight, I wanted to make sure everything was affordable

CollegeMommy89

Asked by CollegeMommy89 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Pregnancy

• How are your iron levels?
    Not dangerous. Try sugar free to keep the calories to a minimum. Or seltzer if you just want fizz.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• @feralxat: Well I know im anemic...iron pills don't work and make me nauseaus as heck & I tried eating foods with iron in it I doubt that's workin either or prob very little...I have the glucose test coming up and with all the stories I hear about it im nervous about doing it I don't wanna end up failing it
    CollegeMommy89

Comment by CollegeMommy89 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Do NOT do sugar free. The sugar substitute is way more dangerous on a fetus. Just drink more water and keep sugar to a minimum. Your stomach feeling tight when you walk just is. Not good not bad. Depends on if other things are happening. It's being stretched is all. Baby shower probably better when you are eight months along. Don't stress the glucose test. Don't eat anything before you take it because it will throw the numbers off.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Sounds pretty normal to me. The bathroom thing is due to hormones. If you're not taking a prenatal vitamin, start. If they make you nauseous, try the Flintstones Chewables. That's what I had to take when I was pregnant. Prenatal vitamins made me super nauseous.

The stomach tightening, I would think is your body stretching and making room. Don't quote me on that though.

As for baby shower? I don't know. Family threw me one for my first, and friends/coworkers threw me one for my second.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• @2autisticsmom: Thanks so sometime in decemeber...maby I did my registry too early? oops....and ooo ok (regarding glucose test) ugh ima be starving! LOL.......@Rosehawk: Lucky you (regarding baby shower) I don't know anything about preparing or planning one. I was told like the mother pays for half or something? no idea
    CollegeMommy89

Comment by CollegeMommy89 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I don't know. I've always heard that you aren't supposed to throw your own baby shower; that friends/family are supposed to do it FOR you.

All I know is we all got together and I got some really cute clothes, diapers, and other things I needed for baby. I got WAY more receiving blankets that I could use for a dozen kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Showers are supposed to be planned for you. Hosting your own baby shower is tacky.

The other stuff sounds perfectly normal.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I disagree. Hosting your own baby shower is not tacky, considering we host our own birthday, graduation, home-warming parties, etc. However, I would not emphasize that you are expecting gifts. I would just describe it as a celebration of a new expectant family member. If anyone asks, then you can mention where you are registered. If a friend plans the party, then the friend usually would include that information. In all honesty, though, any party where you include a registry or make it clear that you expect gifts is already tacky, so planning your own party can't be any worse. It's like you're saying, "I'm getting married or having a baby, help me furnish my house or my baby supplies." Gifts shouldn't be forced or assumed, and events shouldn't be about material things. Just my opinion though. Congrats on the baby, by the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2013