Lawndale ca schools vs redondo beach ca schools

I had my kids on lawndale school but heard that redondo was way better so I changed schools. But my kids keep telling me that they like the lawndale schools better. They are saying its more creative and artsy and that redondo is boring and plain. I am so confused now and am wondering if I made the right decision. Even though my 13 year old made friends fast and liked it I felt she was already starting to get into trouble, follow the wrong crowd. But that all comes down to parenting. So do you think I should have just kept them in the lawndale school or do you think the switch was right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• I lived in Lawndale, and now live in Torrance, but my kids have graduated. I would go to the State Board of Education's website and check the ratings for your schools, also check Great Schools sometimes kids are right, but sometimes it's just what they're used to.

I would expect Redondo Beach schools to be better, but that doesn't mean they are. 

I'd also check with both police departments to find out how much trouble including gang activity they have at your schools.

Good luck mama!! PM me if you like since we're both in the same area!!

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• you can google the stats on each school, it will show average test scores, average income etc.
    I would make the choice based on fact not your children's whims.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2013