I took dd to the dr

She told me she thinks its a virus but then told me to look out for signs of appendisites! I'm freaking out now, if she thought it could be that wouldn't she do test? Idk what to do. Dd is better than yesterday and eating I'm not sure what to do? I feel like flying her into the er. So I guess if you've had it did the pain get better or worse and should I wait for signs?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 2:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd go to the Drug Store & get Pedialax & your done worrying. I have never heard of a virus making you constipated. That is ridiculous. She has to poop so make her poop then see how she feels.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• The pain was excruciating for me. I couldn't lay down, sit, or stand. It felt like I had an extremely painful knot in my stomach. It didn't just hurt on the lower right side. It was inflamed, and almost burst by the time I got to the hospital. If you're really worried then take her to the ER, and find out. GL hope she's feeling better soon, and it's not appendicitis.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• It hurts her to walk. Or move fast. Idk I think I'll take her to the er after I get my LO from school.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I agree with the pedialax but anything that changes the flora in the gut can cause constipation. I would also get some natural yogurt.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Go get a Fleet's baby enema and give it to her, it isn't enough to hurt her, but is should loosen the stool, if she has no fever, it is most likely her bowels. Make sure you give her lots of water and as Paulie suggested the miralax for a few days, get her more fiber in her diet.
    I wouldn't run to the ER until she had a BM, then if it is still painful take her.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I'd see if you can get her to go and see how she feels

when my appendix went, I was in SO much pain...thought walking would help and it didn't- ibuprofin, tylenol, pepto...NOTHING helped-then I was puking...

if she is constipated though- it can get miserable...try dealing with that first and see
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• When I had my appendicitis, the pain was out of this world. Like I didn't want to move. It hurt so much it made me vomit several times. I went home from the first day on a new job and crawled under the covers, and prayed to God that I could curl up and die. Seriously, I couldn't even think straight enough, or I probably would have called 911. It made labor look like a walk in the park. I agree with the others; try mineral oil or a Fleet enema for kids. If your daughter starts throwing up or getting feverish, it might be time for a trip to the emergency room but I do know that bowel troubles can be brutal, too. I hope she feels better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• No mineral oil. It's dangerous. A Fleet would probably do the trick.

With appendicitis you'd be seeing lower quadrant pain and fever. Sometimes a distended belly.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Wells he pooped and says her tummy feels a lot better she's walking around now without hunching. So we shall see hopefully tomorrow she's good as new. Thanks ladies.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2013