Teens who get pregnant ON PURPOSE! adult content

There's just not enough deep breathing or alcohol in the world to calm me at the moment. My great nephew had such potential til he got his 1st piece. Now he knocked up this whack job & they did it on purpose!! I'm at a loss here b/c all I want to do is kick this kid in the ass. I know that won't solve anything, but I'm so disappointed & so mad that they think this is the right thing to do at this point in their lives. UGH!!!

Any advice?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• When my step cousin was 16 her boyfriend was moving across country so they purposely got pregnant thinking he would be allowed to stay in NV. She got pregnant, he still went to FL for a couple years. He now has custody of the boy and she has 4 other kids with 4 other guys.

This is all more proof that teens are idiots. I'm sorry this is going on for you guys.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I guess I'm trying to figure out WHY he was trying to get her pregnant. Just to prove he could?

Well, bottom line is that she didn't get pregnant by herself, regardless of her character flaws. He has a long life of paying child support, healthcare and fathering this child they both obviously wanted.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• He told his dad a few months ago that he was trying to get her pregnant.

So it wasn't just her. It was his idea too. So now he needs to man up.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• To the posters on this thread implying that the girl is a tramp and a slut I would like to remind you that the little girl you are talking about did not knock herself up. You are talking about a child. Please refrain from implying that this misguided child is a slut. It is sickening to me that on a site of mothers who are raising sons and daughters there is are such hateful things being insinuated about children.

They BOTH, TOGETHER made a very irresponsible decision. What in the world gives any of the moms on here the right to not only assume but also state publicly that this little girl is probably just some untrustworthy hussy? That young man obviously cared about her and trusted her enough to want a child with her.

As moms and women we should be fighting for the girls in future generations to not have to deal with the misogyny that we all grew up with and instead here we are instigating it. How sad.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 10:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Job Applications. Lots of them. And a link to your state's child support calculator.

Is he positive it's his?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• "He told his dad a few months ago that he was trying to get her pregnant. .... he just let down by being a total moron!"

They equally let him down by not intervening and getting tough with him the instant he said he was trying to get her pregnant.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• No you didn't but, another poster did.

have pity on me- I left the house between my response and the follow up :(
    I haz sorry, I haz life :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Advise them not to give up on their studies, in high school and afterwards.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• if I read it right the boy is no longer with the girlfriend?

No, the boy's parents are no longer together, not that it really has anything to do with him choosing to have unprotected sex and now having to face the consequences of his choice.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• to clarify- i wasnt implying that the girl is trashy
    he needs to make sure he is protected when if they breakup and some new guy wants to be daddy

No you didn't but, another poster did.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2013