Im in the hospital from heavy bleeding in third trimester but they dont know why!

Im 31 weeks pregnant and I was asleep at 3 in the morning yesterday and woke up feeling like I was peeing on my self. When I stoop up blood just started running down my leg. I had a trail of blood from my bed to the toilet. There was a big Gush of blood and a clot about the size of a golf ball give or take. I went to the closest hospital and they sent me to the hospital my Dr delivers at in ambulance. They did ultrasounds and said everything looks fine. She has told me possibilities what it could've been but can't tell me for sure BC the ultrasound is good. I had a subchorionic hemmorhage when I was 6 weeks pregnant but at my 20 weeks ultrasound the Dr said it was gone. Now I am worried sick BC I don't know what it was. They're sending me home tomorrow on complete bedrest for 3 weeks. Also my potassium and iron is low. I have rh negative blood type.

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You must be so scared. Keep us posted!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Did they rule out placenta previa? Honestly, I wouldn't let them discharge me until they find out the cause
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Sounds like preterm labor.
    They need to do a c-section.
    Mycutelittleboy

Answer by Mycutelittleboy at 6:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• "Sounds like preterm labor.
    They need to do a c-section."

How the heck did you come up with that stunning piece of medical knowledge?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I'm not having contractions and I haven't dilated. She said the amniotic fluid was good so my water hasn't broke.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• And your placenta was positioned and attached correctly?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I guess so. She said the only thing she can think of is something to do with my cervix or placenta and it wasn't bad enough up to be able to tell.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I suspect placenta. That's a pretty common reason for third trimester bleeding. Have you stopped bleeding now?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Sounds like preterm labor.
    They need to do a c-section.

Answer by Mycutelittleboy 24 minutes ago

Dear lord how could you know that. I did go into preterm labor at 20 weeks, I had cramping and pain. Then a csection was done at 37 weeks because my fluid was gone.

I agree don't let them send you home until you are comfortable with it.....keep us posted and I hope it all goes well.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I'm not bleeding anymore, every now and then I will wipe old brown blood. I'm cramping a little but nothing severe. She came in and told me I could stay again tomorrow if that's what made me comfortable but i highly doubt there will be any more news. I'll just already be here of something else did happen.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2013