Your lost in the middle of nowhere?

and you do not have a GPS or a cell phone.....What do you do?

poobear5

Asked by poobear5 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Now see, this happens to me all the time, even with a GPS. I just keep driving until I find a place to ask directions, and while I'm in the 7-11, buy a Snickers to get me through the ordeal.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• hmm keep driving and hope nowhere takes me somewhere lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i agree keep driving with fingers crossed lol. or if i have no kids or dh in the car with me i would enjoy my lost time..just me and the radio..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Your lost what?
    Oh, you mean YOU'RE lost. As in YOU ARE lost.
    I'd keep driving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't even want to think about it, I would freak but I know that would not help me.

Just keep going or start walking....
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I`d enjoy it for awhile,and then pray for the Lord to get me back home.
    okla.girl

Answer by okla.girl at 9:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Look and see where the sun is in the sky if it was day time, Or the North star if it was night. Using them as my guide, return to the direction in which I came from. Cell phones can't help unless you know where you are. I guess they could track you down if you are lost for a long time. What did people do before Cell phones and GPS? Oh I know they asked for directions before heading towards their destination and knew how to read a map!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Keep going... You dont want to give up or panic...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm sure I would have had a final destination in mind and made mental notes about where I should be according to time and distance from the last town. (if I didn't have my road atlas with me). That would give me a general idea of how far the next town would be and in which direction. Since I won't travel to a new place at night it would be in the day and I'd check the location of the sun and figure out which way I should go. Then I would keep driving. Before I go to a new place I study my road atlas and check for parks, streams, etc as a means of identifying where I might be in case I do get lost since I can get lost in a parking lot in a major city! LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Use common sense. I think it's harder to get lost now than it used to be...too many big highways and developments.
    rmattes

Answer by rmattes at 9:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009