daycare or not

doubletrouble85

Asked by doubletrouble85 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not ------------ I used to work for CPS ------would go on welfare before I put my kids in daycare
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Depends on the situation and there is no information given on which we can really base a suggestion.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Not....If you have that choice if not then go to one. I perfer to stay at home with mine and I am glad I did. I used to work for a daycare before my kids and now that they are in school I decided to do alittle babysitting at my home and I enjoy it. So if you can find someone or find someone who knows someone that does babysitting in their home I would go that route. For one there is not 20 kids to look after and you will always have that same  person to watch over your baby not like the daycares where you have one person you like for your baby then they are gone and someone else is holding your baby...neh! not for me. GL But I know it is hard sometimes.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Not for nothing, a little preschool might have taught the OP how to 1) use more words and 2) use a question mark.

As a WOHM, I'm biased. And anyone who says they're not a little defensive of the choices they made - well, they're lying.

My BFF is a SAHM and we pal around together pretty well. I don't think it's as divisive an issue as some extremists make it out to be.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Well, I put my 6 months old in the home daycare because I cannot afford to be a stay at home mom. I feel very sad when sunday comes because I know monday is when i have to take my son to the daycare. I get worried when i am at work.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am so glad I can stay home.. it's important for me that my child has one parent there for the first year or 2 of life. I wouldn't trade it for the world. So if there was a choice, I would choose stay home. I do not think it's necessary for child development at all.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I went through the same decision. I called around for a daycare that would take an infant (mine was 6 weeks!). I quickly found out that people are not likely to take very small babies while they have other, bigger kids. I then decided I was going to be a family daycare provider so I could stay home with my children and help make the pain of leaving children with another person for some women. I am certified, but have not practicd as it has been very important to me to keep my healthcare job because of the economy right now. I can tell you that in-home daycares go through a rigorous evaluation to make sure they are fit to take care of children as well as their home and childcare techniques. Fortunately, I have never had to rely on another person, besides my mother, to watch my son while I work.
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 9:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My boys were in daycare since they were babies, there is nothing wrong with it you just have to be selective, they were in a wonderful home daycare, when my girls were born I couldn't find a daycare that I felt comfortable with so I stayed home with them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Personally, I feel fulltime daycare is wayyyy too much for a kid under 3 and should be avoided at all costs. Part time daycare, not so bad if you find a place you really trust, altough no one is going to take care of your kids like you do. But if you have to work, you have to work. Do what you have to do and dont feel bad about it, but if you have a choice to stay home with your kids, its always best.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• For some parents, they don't have a choice. It almost takes two full time incomes to keep a home afloat. I know it does in my home. My right now we are lucky enough that my mother in law keeps our daughter. I was so worried about having to choose a day care. Even though i know almost everyone whose kid go to the daycare it is still nerve racking. You wil lstill wonder if your child is being cared for appropriately. If they care gettign the foods that are meant for them. If they are letting the cry. It is a hard decision for anyone to make. But sometimes it can't be avoided and in those cases there is nothing wrong with it. Just choose one to the best of your ability is all you can do.
    Anonymous