apart from scanning i want to know if i am pregnant with a boy or a girl

Ipyanah

Asked by Ipyanah at 9:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Boy!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• This prediction  method was 100% accurate for my kids and pretty much everyone else I know. Keep in mind, there is a 50% chance that it is wrong though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Well there's amniocentesis which will tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt, but those carry risks and doctors aren't throwing them around like pinata candy.

You could also do what women have done since the beginning of time. Wait til the baby is born and then you'll know for sure what the gender is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• You are serious?

Ok what's the procedure with te really long needle that they take ammonic fluid from the uterus?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Oh I remember amniocentesis
    Dardenella

• @QuinnMae: LOL According to that I should have had two girls. I have one of each.

@OP: Without a scan, the only 100% effective method of finding out is to wait until birth.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• The Chinese gender chart was wrong here. I had an amnio, but as noted above, they won't just give it to you for no reason beyond wanting to know the gender.

Even ultrasounds can be wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Wait a few months; the answer will become perfectly clear.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• If you're all baby it's a boy. If you're wide in the butt then it's a girl. IDK- guess you'll just have to be surprised or have the ultrasound & hope the baby is positioned right. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Print out three of these. One to confirm pregnancy, dip one in pink water for a girl, dip one in blue water for a boy. See what color they change to.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2013