Why is my boss so blind to his lies??? ughhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Ok, just a little background to this guy and this will sum it up.... ready?

He's nothing but a LIAR!!!!!! And it drives me CRAZY!!!

Why doesn't she see this?

This guy was once fired for lying, stealing, doing side jobs which is part of the stealing, saying he was "the owner" of the business to customers, and just being an overall douche!!! He is such a jerk and she doesn't even see that.

After the first time of being fired, she sat me and the service manager down and said she was going to give him another chance because he can "sell". Said that he would change and at first he did. So he came back and then boom.... back to his same old habits about as soon as he got here. I realize in sales that they are pushy people and they want to make sure they make their money, but don't step on the people that are out there helping you keep your money!!!

After about a yr he ended up giving his notice to go another company that we compete with. He was there for a little while and guess what, it didn't work out so he's calling her up again. And yet again she said this time it's "only temporary" but I am beginning to think it's not. She has gone out and purchased another truck, which he is saying is his. But there have been too many calls about it which makes me know for a fact it's hers.

I told her when we talked that if he is here full time that I won't be. And I also said that ultimately it's her business and she can do what she wants with it. But I cannot work with him on a long term basis anymore. Him being here temp won't change my disliking him. And I know for a fact that the svc mgr will leave as well, and when that happens she will be losing her biggest account. He was the only reason they signed back on with us and when he's gone they will be too. She has several that won't be here if this guy stays.

Yes, he can sell but at what point do you put your business on the line for someone like that? It just drives me crazy as to how blind she is to his bullshit!! Seems we can never get rid of this guy. There is still so much to the story that I could write a book about it... lol

I guess I am just on my soap box this morning...

what's bugging you??

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

• She sees sales. And the problem with sales managers is that they only care about that bottom line month to month. One of the reasons I got the heck out of sales!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:21 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• It's not just in the sales business. My husband has been in the same situation for many years in an entirely different field. The guy is in charge of luring clients though, and he is a big blow-hard. When people can't see through the fa├žade, they fall for the line. When the boss is blind to it, there is no way to make him/her see the truth. This guy finally quit and went back to where he came before he worked with my hubby. To no one's surprise but the boss, he stole all kinds of stuff from them that enabled him to steal jobs from them. Now they don't like him anymore. Everybody who worked there tried to tell them, but they would not hear. It is very frustrating, but I don't know what anybody can do about it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• And that's what's so sad about it.  He is all buddy buddy with her and goes out drinking and stuff.  Even when he wasn't here he would do different jobs for her.  But I really don't think she gets the fact of what she will lose if this guy stays.  I know that everyone is replacable, myself included, but good grief...  This guy just gets under my skin!!! 

But I think what's really getting me is it seems like they are trying to hide it.  I mean if you want him back full time be honest and let us know so those of us that don't want to be here with him can make a move. 

goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Maybe they are having an affair? IDK, but really I think you should just keep mum, and for whatever reason she values him more than you (no offense) but the line it is my business really stuck out to me, who knows? I would suggest that she have him sign a non-compete this time, but she must have the hots for him, in order to allow him to steal from her.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Some people only see what they want to see.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I would make the move anyway. Just do it whether he stays or not, because your boss is either untrustworthy or not listening.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• 2kids2dogs2cats... I have kept mum about it and that's getting hard to continue.. lol because a lot of times you can tell what I have on my mind without me saying anything. lol Not sure if she's having an affair with him or not. If so, I don't think her girlfriend would like that too much.. hahaha

Ballad.. I agree and I just wanna shake her and ask what she's thinking?!!

gdiamante... I have really been soul searching that as well. I have a feeling that I will probably do that. I have put in an app in a different city, but I haven't heard back from them yet.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• How about you go to the other company that just fired his stupid ass? I am more now of the OP that she does have a lesbehonest crush on him, LOL
    yes the typo was on purpose, he is filling some need that she is seeking that is the only answer I have for you!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Yep,she's banging him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• 222... you are probably right!! lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2013