What was the resolution of the issue of the 2 kids being held on the bus?

Two days ago one of our moms posted about her child and a neighbor child being held on the bus and taken back to school. It appears the driver did not know the neighbor mom was there, and the kids didn't see her either.

The mom was going to contact the transportation office yesterday to find out why it happened. I was hoping to see an update, but haven't yet. Any word?

Asked by gdiamante at 11:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I was wondering the same thing!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:24 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I went back and reread all her answers, and nothing. I just sent her a message and a link to this question. I"m curious too. Seems a bit unfair that those two kids were kept on the bus when all the others were allowed off. And, no, there is no rule in her area about a parent HAS to be there to get a child, just that the child is to go straight home after exiting the bus.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:35 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Just heard back from that mom. She's still waiting on Transportation to call her back. The other mom and her talked to the driver the next day, and got a lot of attitude. She's been able to get to the bus stop since, but tomorrow looks like it will be another test. She has to work later at work, so will have to wait and see what the driver does.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I will be interested in what transportation has to say and also what the principal has to say.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Hi! It was me! Yes, we talked to the driver but the driver was snotty about it all. She never said if she was or was not going to let DD off with the neighbor... we shall see tomorrow.

Meanwhile Transportation has yet to return my call or my neighbors call despite 3 messages between us.

The school has already said they thought this was weird and they have never had kids brought back to the school before so I dunno.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Thanks for the update! Seems a bit weird; I wonder if this driver had been reprimanded or something before the incident? I understand the inconvenience for you that day, but it could have been much worse so I'm glad for that.

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2013