Does you DH check out other women....all the time?

Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice. My Dh has been checking out other women for as long as I can remember. It used to be worse than it is now (like he used to do double take and make it very obvious he was checking women out and it was all the time). Well it's been years of him doing this and I have told him how although I understand it's human nature to be attracted to others sometimes, it was disrespectful to do it in front of me like this.

Well...no matter how many times I have asked him to tone it down a notch, he still does it! I admit lately he really tried not to stare for so long like he used to, I still notice him checking other women out though.

Honestly I don't know what else to do about it. I have told him how it hurts my feelings but all he does is deny he does it and I end up feeling guilty for even bringing it up and try to let it go every time. Anyone else going through this? Any advice? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• If he is just looking do not bother him about it and do not let it bother you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• My husband tries not to even notice other women. We have a little thing between us that we do. If I see a scantily clad woman, I will say, "Don't look, Ethel." (It's a line from an old Ray Stevens song.) Hubby then looks me directly in the eye until said woman has moved on or we've moved past her. You might try initiating your own little diversion tactic with your hubby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• The only time my husband will obviously look is if a woman has huge boobs,but then it more for a novelty reason. We don't disrespect each other like that. I've even caught myself looking away from hot guys when I'm alone!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• He's a Man, I am sure all men look. Some discretely, some obviously. My DH does not do it in an obvious way ever. If you are really bothered by this then next time you are out with him say "Oh Man that guy is SOOOO HOT over there!" Then see what he says. If he acts offended then say "Well, how does that make you feel? How come you can obviously Ogle & I can't?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2013

• ^^^I was gonna suggest the same thing ILovemyPaulie said. Start checking out hot guys & see how he likes it. Either that or keep a handkerchief in your pocket to throw at him so he can wipe off the drool! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• In the 8 years we've been together I have never noticed my dh looking at another woman, even ones ive noticed and thought he would look at. Honestly if I had seen him with a roaming eye before we married, it would have given me pause. I agree with nanny that if your husband knows it makes you feel bad he should go out of his way NOT to check out other women.

Answer by missanc at 12:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I don't often notice my husband doing it but even when I do it doesn't bother me(perhaps that is why I hardly notice it lol). I don't care if he looks at other women while we are out and about...I know he would never do anything so it doesn't bother me.

He has gotten "hit on" when we were out, usually while I'm doing something else(next isle over etc). It's hilarious because it makes him so uncomfortable and it's usually women he would want nothing to do with even if he was single...lol Just a few weeks ago we were at the little pharmacy in our small town, Our son and I were looking at the toys(he was picking one out)...I look up to find my husband waiting outside...some woman was telling him that it was amazing as she felt a deep soul connection between the two of them lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Yeah, pretty much. He comments on them. I don't care one way or another.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• If he does, I don't know about it. Now, he has been known to comment on someone who isn't dressed appropriately and made comments on how sick that is.

The only time I really hear comments is when it pertains to actresses.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Put the shoe on the other foot. I would whistle and cat call and make a big embarrassing scene. Hell I'd even go take a selfie with the guy.

Now tell us in what other areas in your marriage has he been disrespectful?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2013