I have no food and my husband makes too much to go to the food bank and don't want to pawn anything and we get paid Ed tomorrow

Thebe

Asked by Thebe at 12:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Do you have family or friends that you can eat at their homes today/tonight? Maybe ask to borrow some bread & eggs from them? I will bump you since maybe someone here has better recommendations :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Well if it comes down to feeding your kids or assuaging your pride...You are going to have to suck it up and pawn something. You kids need food.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Most food banks are "no questions asked" which means there aren't income guidlines
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Ask family for help. Check in your area to see if local churches will be serving dinner tonight. Contact your local Dept of Social Services they may know of food banks in your area that do not check for income and they also may have box of food to give you to last till payday.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Call around to local churches. Many of them have "no questions asked" food banks, like Mae said, so you don't need to prove your income or even your address. Our church used to operate one before we got too small; if you were hungry, that was the only thing we needed to know. Do you literally mean you have no food at all? How many of you are there? There are other ways to fill up your belly, if it comes to that, but it depends on how hard up you are.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Do you seriously have No Food or just food you can't figure out what to do with?

How does any one have zero food in their home?
    Do you only purchase food you are going to cook for a meal and have no flour, or other essentials?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• If you truly have zero food in your house, I find it hard to believe you "make too much", I would think you need to shop better, but in the meantime, you can call Catholic Charities and most of them have a food pantry you can shop from.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• If he gets paid tomorrow- why not wait til after 4pm & write a check for your groceries. By the time the check clears, his paycheck will be there.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I was going to ask what Feralxat...Even if I could buy any food and had nothing in the fridge I could still make some dumplings and make a soup with the spices I have on hand. It may not be ideal but it would feed children for the night. Especially since you get paid tomorrow.

If I really truely had no food(though I would have been looking for a food bank w/ no income requirements long before I had zero food) and no way to borrow any or a small amount of money from someone. AND knew I would be paid Tomorrow I would probably write a check for a small amount of food knowing that it wouldn't come out of the bank until tomorrow but that would be an ultimate last solution that I wouldn't think I would have to use.

Call a church, the local homeless shelter(many have a food pantry to help families). I would even go ask my neighbor(even if I didn't know them) for a bit of food to feed my kids(I would willingly go hungry).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I would pawn something. Just keep the receipt they give you and you can pay it back tomorrow and get your item.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2013