How much does it costs for food for three people in Tennessee for 2 weeks

After our daughter is born (when she is about a year old) we are going to visit my BF's sister in Tennessee, and as a crazy person that has to do everything in advance, I am trying to figure out costs. Plz help :D

AllysMommy2013

Asked by AllysMommy2013 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Travel

• How much does it costs for food for three people in Tennessee where you live for 2 weeks?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Sooo your kid isn't even born yet and you're not going on a trip until she is 1? You're stupid.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Will you be preparing meals there or eating out a lot? Plan on what your regular food budget is for that length of time but add in about another hundred or so in case of price variations.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I'm suppose to have her in about a month, so a year to plan, save, and schedule isn't stupid, more realistic to know how much you have to save in a year...
    AllysMommy2013

Comment by AllysMommy2013 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Are you staying in her home or hotel?

If in her home, I would not expect to buy my own food but would have a couple hundred dollars in case.

If you are staying in a hotel, try to save over $1000 to cover the cost of the travel there, hotel prices, eating out or buying food to prepare there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• If you have to ask, you probably can't afford to go.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• for about four to five days of it we will all be at Dollywood and a waterpark near dollywood, so no matter what at least five days we will be at a hotel there, we are driving there from Arizona. So we figured out everything but food, (we never eat out but on vacation we more than likely will a lot) with food would 6,000 sound safe... about five-six hundred for food???
    AllysMommy2013

Comment by AllysMommy2013 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford to go" 

We can afford to go we are going on a few trips next year and so I want to make sure we have enough saved up (I always take more then I want to spend) :D I just plan way ahead to make sure everything is smooth sail. 

AllysMommy2013

Comment by AllysMommy2013 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• would 6,000 sound safe... about five-six hundred for food???
    AllysMommy2013 Comment by AllysMommy2013 (original poster) 4 minutes ago

^^^That should be plenty. Keeping in mind the closer you get to major attractions like Dollywood, the more expensive EVERYTHING gets- gas, food, lodging, etc. GL w/ your delivery & the future trip. Sounds like fun.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• If you have 6 grand saved for a trip to Dollywood, I would think it is covered, didn't spend that much on our last trip for 5 to Hawaii, lol
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2013