A mom's sick day- yeah right!

sickSo I woke up today with my throat on fire & I'm all clogged up.  I can't take a decongesant, but the coffee & Tylenol actually helps my throat.  Besides going thru a million tissues already, I worked a half day, came home & took care of 2 loads of laundry, emptied the garbage & ate some chicken noodle soup.  I want to nap, but have to get my dau from school soon & run to the store.  Might get to shut my eyes for a few minutes later if I'm lucky. 

What do you do when you need a sick day but can't get one?  What are sick days like for your hubby or S/O vs. what they're like for you?! Yes I'm whining, but I don't feel good, so I guess I'm allowed! lol ;p

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• When my husband is sick he sleeps on the couch all day, and just gets in my way. When I'm sick, I still have to function like I'm not.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I'm sick too. My throat is sore, I keep sneezing & have a runny nose. To top it off, no nap today for the LO! She fell asleep for 5 minutes & now she's running around cranky. Now it's mayhem until 8:30 tonight for me. I want to SLEEP!!!! Hope you feel better :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I've had a few sick days, mostly migraines when I couldn't get out of bed, but I pay dearly for them. My SO usually orders pizza, and absolutely nothing gets done around the house, so by the time my feet hit the floor, I better be ready for a major clean-up effort.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I call my mom or mil for help. I'm actually very fortunate that they both live very close and have always been sahm's. And my husband helps - gets the kids up and off to school before he goes to work. But we usually have takeout for supper when I'm sick.

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• So sorry you are not feeling good, but moms do not get a sick day....period...we do what must be done no matter how bad we feel...I was one of those lucky ones that had my parents to run to for help, but my dad died and my mom is too old to help with anything, so I am it once again, only now, I have to take care of mom and my little granddaughter, and I do both with pleasure, but when I am feeling under the weather I wish I had a maid!!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Sending healing vibes your way...it has been over a year that I have not gotten sick with anything, since I started taking Protandim, it has been the best discovery for me yet!

Answer by older at 2:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• My husband is lucky, because the kids are usually at daycare and he doesn't have to put up with anything. The last 2 times I have been sick were terrible. I went to work not feeling the greatest a few weeks ago, and by lunch time I had a fever of 101, chills, body aches, the works. After spending 3 hours in our UC and sent home with nothing, not even seeing a doctor, I went to sleep. My husband was nice and picked kids up and helped me out that time, and the next day as well. Then on Monday, during our typhoon with no daycare open I got the worst migraine possible. DH worked night shift so was asleep all day and I had to take care of kids while vomiting over our kitchen sink with them fighting over a toy frying pan. Worst day ever!! Then DH got up and made me homemade chicken noodle soup.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• ^^^Yes- thank you- that's how it is here. How is that fair?! I guess we know who the stronger one of the sexes REALLY is! :p
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• ^^Hope you feel better too ILovemyPaulie. Thank God for those lotion tissues! ;p
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2013