cheese....

the milk post made me think... can you freeze cheese? like store bought cheese or taco cheese? sandwich cheese? that would save me trips to the store or running out to buy it. and wishing i grabed it when it was on sale.. i would love to freeze yogert lol. mine never last long..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I also freeze gallons of milk. I have 5 kids and when you see a sale, you have to take advantage. lol

Btw, you cant microwave these things to defrost it. It has to sit out until it is completely defrosted and then you store it i the fridge as you would do with it when you bring it home from the store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I buy bulk cheese from costo (kraft slices) and we freeze it. It thaws pretty quickly too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• REALLY you can freeze cheese! OMG i couldve saved so much money arrrggghhh... im new with a freezer and i love it but i have only done meat. but thought wish i could freeze.. milk...cheese...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I never knew you could freeze cheese, awesome!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I buy cheese in bulk and freeze it all the time.. Hasn't hurt none of us yet.. lol :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 9:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I dont know about the yogurt though..lol
    try it.. see what happens..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• OMG this is great... when theres a sale were gonna save money!. lol. who would have thought.. well i guess not me. (: i always end up buying to much cheese its a sale and we do eat alot of cheese but no matter i do end up throwing some away due to it going bad. this is awesome... thank you lady's..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I freeze yogurt all the time. Less calories than ice cream, it is so good.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Block cheeses do thaw out a bit wierdly IMO - they're only suitable for shredding after that, because they kind of just 'fall apart' after being frozen. Generally speaking though, that's all I use block cheeses for, so its not an issue.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• grated and sliced cheese freezes well. I don't freeze block cheese anymore though. Something about the block cheese after it is thawed out it becomes 'grainy'. We freeze Milk and bread all the time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009