What is your migraine headache remedy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Health

• 2 Excedrin, 2 Advil, 1 or 2 Benedryl and a nap with moist heat on my neck.

If I don't catch it early enough I usually end up in the ER bent over in excruciating pain and puking my guts out.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I learned many , many years ago that I am the odd ball. I was under a neurologists care at the time. My remedy found in a fit of frustration, was a coke and a chocolate candy bar. (strictly forbidden. The headache left. The experiment was then repeated anf the doctor wrote the prescription so that I could have it on demand at school.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• 4 Advil liquid gels and sleep it off.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• ice pack, dark room flexeril for 1/2 hour- no relief add a toradol and then I am usually set if not I am in the er for iv meds
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• 2 Advil, a decongestant, eucalyptus oil on my temples, coffee and/or sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Let's see... 3 aleve + 1 excedrin migraine + a benadryl, then cold rag on forehead, neck massage, hot legs on my temples (it's like vicks, but better), orgasm (or two), and if all that fails, hardcore drugs.
    I MUST sleep to kick one, so I try to avoid anymore caffeine since that's one of my triggers.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Take off contacts, 2 Tylenol or Motrin, close eyes
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Tylenol, Motrin, red bull, shower, rest.

Ironically, Excedrin makes me jittery.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Depends on how soon I catch it. If I nip it in the bud early, a few hits of marijuana--yes, I have a medical license--along with a cup of coffee and something with sugar in it might do the trick. If that doesn't work, I have prescriptions for Vicodin and Imitrex, along with an antinausea medication and something to knock me out if I need it. If that still doesn't work, I have a standing order for a Toradol injection at my doctor's office. And if all else fails, it's off to the hospital for a shot of Demerol, maybe once every few years. That's harder to get lately, though, because doctors are suspicious of anyone requesting narcotic drugs in the emergency room. Still, by the time a migraine gets to that point, the medical staff can pretty much tell that there's nothing recreational about the hospital visit.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Neurofen, and a baby sitter.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2013