Where does Moonlight come from?

Creationist: Nye wrong about moonlight because Beethoven said so

by Travis Gettys

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:36 EDT
[Screenshot via YouTube]
Creationist Ray Comfort says Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is wrong about the moon because Beethoven wrote a song about it.

Nye was famously booed while giving a 2006 talk in Waco, Texas, where he pointed out the moon merely reflected light from the sun ad did not produce its own.

He referred to the incident last week on “Real Time” with Bill Maher, arguing that religious belief was holding back U.S. scientific and economic progress.

read on

OK, so who's a more reliable source, Bill Nye the Science Guy...or a decomposing composer?  

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm going to go with Bill Nye.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• That is ridiculous. I may be religious but I'm not a moron, I know where the moon gets "it's light". This guy is a moron.

But I am by no means a Creationist, I believe in Intelligent design. I do believe that God had a role in creating the universe but I do believe in Evolution as well.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• On this subject Bill Nye. I love him BTW and so did/do my kids.

Beethoven never even hinted that he was a scientist. He was creative and talented.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• This is ridiculous. Everybody knows where the moon gets its light, or at least you would think so in this day and age. Believing in a Creator, which I do, has nothing to do with arguing away scientific facts. Maybe the Creator intended the moon to reflect light from the sun, or maybe the laws of nature just worked it out that way.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Ugh. Makes my already throbbing head hurt more.

I'll trust Bill Nye (LOVE LOVE LOVE him)... And I'll still enjoy listening Beethoven... Moonlight Sonata and all.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• So that must mean it's radioactive cheese?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Bill Nye, of course
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• The facts speak for themselves.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• sometimes i wonder if these type of Creationists...ya know, the unapologetically stupid ones...are just really deep undercover. like the purposely say stupid things under the label of Creationist so that the world will go "man, that guy is dumb, and everything he thinks is dumb".

and as a child of the 90s, its Bill Nye all the way! between him and Beakman, I was able to retain scientific knowledge as a kid haha. but i still love me some Beethoven.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Bill Nye the Science Guy...or a decomposing composer?

i see what you did there! very clever haha!
    okmanders