Just out of curiosity...how many of you ladies got epidurals and how many of you didn't? How long was labor?

I did not get an epidural with my daughter and labor was 2 hours and 43 minutes from the first contraction to when I was holding her.

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I did. With DS I did not get it until after 24 hours of labor. I ended up with 30+ hours of labor ending in a emergency c-section so I am glad I got it. Otherwise I may have been put to sleep for his birth.

DD was a planned c-section because she was in the same awkward position.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• No epidurals. Labor was 8 hours, 23 hours, and 5 hours. Three boys
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I did with my first, and labor lasted approximately 11 hours from the first contraction til the birth. With the second I was induced so IMO the time I spent in labor isn't a reflection on anything, but I did not have an epidural at all and labor (not counting from the start of induction) was approximately 8 hours.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Nope...No epi for me. I really wanted one with my first baby, but it was too late. Then I was with my sister when she had her youngest and she had an epi. Her baby was stuck and she couldn't move around to get him in a better position. The doctor used the suction thing and when she pulled the baby out it cracked her pelvis. She doesn't remember the first six weeks of his life because of the pain she was in. After that I knew I wanted to avoid one at all costs. So I went without the epi. I knew I could do it...because I already had once. My labors were 36 hours, 5 hours with pitocin, and 20 hours.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• 3 sons, all natural births. weights, and length of labor were, 7lb10oz 13 hours, 8lb 13oz 7.5 hours, and 9lb 1 oz..labor 3 hours.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• #1: I got an epidural and, due to complications, had an emergency C-section.

#2: Was a planned C-section so the epidural came with the territory.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Neither. The first was a three hour labor start to what should have been the finish. It was another hour before the exams were done and the decision and prep for the C-section. I had a spinal.

Second at about 2 1/2 hours there was warmth and blood forming beneath the skin. I was put under general and had an emergency Csection.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Epidurals for both
    Induced for both
    maybe 2 hours labor, pain for only the last 1/2 hour for both.
    Epidurals are AMAZING!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• epidurals for both

first was induced- 18 hours
    2nd was about 16-17 hours...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Did not have one with my first two- but in hindsight, I wish I would have. Had one w/ my last & wanted to kiss the epidural guy! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2013