30 weeks pregnant and feel like I'm on my period? Same type of cramps, lower back ache, etc.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and for the past 2 days or so I've felt the exact way I do while on my period but it started off less intense and seems to be getting worse at the days go on.

I feel cramp-y, my lower back is aching, and I have the sensation that I need to have a bowel movement but usually don't even need to.

I'm guessing this is just a normal part of pregnancy but I'm not sure as it's my first baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Probably Braxton Hicks but, time them to make sure.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I would say call your doctor NOW! If it is getting worse, then you need to call the doc. If it is nothing then they will send you home. If it is preterm labor you need to be seen NOW. Please either call your doctor or head to the L&D department.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• The March of Dimes says go to the doctor too.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Go/call the doctor.....NOW!!

Those are the same things I was feeling when I was in labor, at home, with my son. I wound up dilating to 6cm at home, feeling like I was having some of the worst cramps in the world.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I also just had the most painful bm of my life...like the cramping felt like I might deliver in the toilet. I thought I would feel better but I'm still cramping and having low back pain.

Going to call the on call doctor...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• GOOD! Let us know what your doc says.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I would strongly recommend that you either se your doctor as soon as possible or go to the hospital, just in case. Preterm labor can sometimes be stopped if it's caught early enough. If it's just normal pregnancy aches and pains, you've lost nothing by getting the problem checked out, and you've gained peace of mind.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Go get checked out. Probably pre-term labor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Went into L&D last night and wa already 3cm...they were able to stop the contractions and I'm now on bed rest
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Glad you went in and are doing ok. So what, six weeks of bed rest? Did they give you any terbutaline? Hang in there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2013