does any mom have ideas what to do with ground deer meat that a 9yr.old would eat i need to cook it tonight?

Beda1970

Asked by Beda1970 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you mean its deer burger. you can make spaghetti chili ghoulash i personally dont like the burger cuz it does have a different taste. but there are a few ideas
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• chili :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Use it like ground hamburger meat.. Hamburger helper, hamburger & fries, chili, the list can go on & on.. lol
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 9:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My dad used to make the best hamburgers with it. He would mix it with a package of French Onion soup mix. It made it taste extra good, and it kept the meat moist.
    Have a great dinner!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Why not make up a quick simple dough (2c. flour, 1 c. hot water) brown and season the meat, rool out the dough, cut out circles, stuff the circles with a little bit of meat, maybe some cheese or ground veggies mixed in, seal the circles with a little egg wash, drop into boiling water or deep fry them for a fun twist on ravioli, you can top it with jarred spaghetti sauce. He will never know it is venison.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my kids eat venison best in spaghetti. They will eat burgers, but I usually cut the venison with ground pork, otherwise it is too dry due to lack of fat in the venison.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Meatloaf, spaghetti, lasagna, tacos....anything you use beef for you can substitute. Most times, if you don't tell them it's different, they'll never notice.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I've been told to soak the venison in milk, or buttermilk, for a good couple hours or so to lessen the gamey taste of the meat.
    Then you can just use the meat like you would ground beef.
    kharma

Answer by kharma at 10:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• what about using it in a meatball recipe? Or Tacos? we love venison here!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I use venison alone in spagetti sauce, tacos,chili, shepherd's pie, and such, where the flavoring covers up some of the gamey taste. If I'm making meatballs, meatloaf, or patties with it, I mix it half & half with ground beef so that it will "stick" together. You can use it pretty much the same as you would use ground beef in any other recipe.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 12:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2009