I had dhs called on me about a month ago and nothing ever really came of it except me talking to our case work. well finally a month later she visits my home and leaves.

I guess basicslly she never said anything was wrong w my home but didnt say if she wuld be back or not. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? What happens now??

Mommynme2013

Asked by Mommynme2013 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• They will either follow up or not. Did you ask her any questions?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• None. I was nervous I didnt know what to do or say plus I didnt want to give her knformation then she needed but I also had nothing to hide. When id spoken w her previously she said it sounded like the case was filed out of maliciousness and I told her of a previous run in i had with family. She asked me questions about that looked at tbe house n left. What do I need to do n shuld I be concerned?
    Mommynme2013

Comment by Mommynme2013 (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Contact the dept of Social Services, ask for the caseworker or her Supervisor and they will let you know if they closed the case or not. They should also give you paperwork about everything.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• We had a neighbor call on us recently (they also called on another neighbor and have called animal control on four families on our block). They claimed that my husband was leaving the kids home alone when I was at work. They saw him drive away, but didn't bother to find out if anyone was watching the kids (another neighbor was). The case worker came out and talked to us, then said it is okay to have a neighbor watch the kids and closed the case.

I don't think it hurts to ask them what you need to do. It's good that you were cooperative and had nothing to hide. I know that if my neighbor keeps making unfounded accusations, I'm going to see it is harassment and start looking into some kind of civil complaint.

Good luck!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• You have the right to call and ask. If the investigator is satisfied that everything is fine, you'll get a letter officially closing the case. In fact, you need to follow up and make sure you receive that letter, then keep it on file in case anything else ever comes up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Wait and see.

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Contact the caseworker for an update. Also, if you have questions you need to ask them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I assume your house was semi-clean, and you didn't have needles lying around? I doubt you have anything to worry about. Do you know who turned you in?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Well ladies I contacted my case worker likee u guys said and she said my case was closed! Yay!
    Yeah I have a relatively good idea who called bc once I stated the issue with the family member I was having my case worker said "im very glad you told me that, that is going to work out in your favor" and when she was at my home thats all she asked me about.
    Mommynme2013

Comment by Mommynme2013 (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2013