Does sexism exist at your child's school?!

It does at mine. I just found out that the boys at my dau's school are allowed to wear their football jerseys to school. However, the cheerleaders & the girls' softball team are not allowed to wear theirs. How is that fair?! I think I need to have a talk w/ the principal to get an explanation on this.

Thoughts?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Do the cheerleader and softball uniforms meet dress code standards?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• It's worth asking about. I'm not sure I'd chalk it up to sexism till I got an explanation of the policy, but it does seem unfair.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I was thinking the same thing as Jeremysmom, I know ours didn't meet dress codes when I was in school. Our basketball jerseys could be worn, but only over a t-shirt.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Actually, only the softball shirts can be worn over a collared shirt. They all say the name of the school on them & "spirit wear" was allowed last year, so not sure why the sudden change. I plan to find out about it tho.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2013