my two year old son stepped on a piece of glass. so small you cant even see it. i tried tweezers and still cant get it out. what should i do

antoniosmom688

Asked by antoniosmom688 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put a piece of duct tape over it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• you can try putting a piece of tape over it and pulling it off. The glass may come out with it. If that doesn't work *I* would give it a nice long soak and then revisit it with tweezers. If all else fails I would keep it clean and let it works it's self out. If you see in any redness or swelling head to the ped.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Thank you both so much!
    antoniosmom688

Comment by antoniosmom688 (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I'd try using a magnifying glass.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I think it warrants a trip to the doctor. It could be bigger than you think it is and do damage to his little foot. Better safe than sorry imo.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Put some Elmer's glue on it, let the glue dry. Then pull the dried glue off, the piece of glass should come with it. If it doesn't, see a doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Get a drawing salve to put on it; there are some available at most pharmacies.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I doubt that your 2 year old will cooperate by soaking his foot in Epsom salts, that is my first course of action if I can't easily get it out. Then carefully dry and put ont the glue. It is liquid so you don't have to rub it on and possibly drive the sliver in farther. It also flows around and into all the crevices and holes and so can get a good hold. Prop the foot and watch a movie cuddled while it gets good and dry.

If it does not come out and you are sure there is glass in there go to the doctor.He has special tools to see better than we do.

If you are sure glass went in and none of the above work, AND there was no blood, I would go right in.
    Blood means that a portion of the dirt that went in got washed out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• How did you end up getting the glass out? I was going to suggest the same things mentioned but I see the date is a few weeks old.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2013