DS

So, after all the results DS does have an slight immune deficiency, not bad enough at this point to need treatment. We will be retesting next year, the doctor said he thinks his immune system might just be developing more slowly than it should and said it should catch up between 2-3 years. He is also concerned that he might have a very rare condition based on the sinus and chest xrays that were taken. The only way to test for this condition is to put him under and biopsy his lung, because of how invasive it is, he suggested holding off for another year as well. If he continues to have the issues he is having into next summer, or he drastically gets worse before then, we will most likely be testing him for this condition. It is called immotile cilia syndrome, and most of the research that I have done fits DS to a tee. It also mimics asthma, which as of now he has been diagnosed with. Thank you to all of you who sent prayers and good thoughts our way. Right now all we can do is treat his illnesses as they come and hope for the best.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 9:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Kids' Health

• hugs momma, I know its not easy haveing a little one that feels icky as often as he does and with watch and wait issues! hang in there
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Thanks for the update AF! As always thoughts and kisses to that little cutie!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I'm glad you at least have some answers. Not great answers, but better than the unknown.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Continued prayers for you all. Whatever the cause I will hope there is something to make his life a little easier and healthier.
    Hugs
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Thanks for the update AF, you can ignore my question in your other post. I am glad you are finally getting some answers and I really hope that he starts to improve!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2013