What are your recommendations for a good potty seat? Either stand alone or little seat for the big potty?

I want to start introducing the potty to my daughter.

badpenny74

Asked by badpenny74 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Depending on how old she is, would depend on which is best. My 1 1/2 year old is interested on sitting on the little stand alone potty that we have, but my 2 1/2 Y/O boy never really had an interest in that one. He is now almost fully potty trained and is only using the big potty, he doesn't even use the little sear that goes on it. I think part of it is a matter of choice for you, but depending on her age, the big potty might be too intimidating.

Best of luck with the toilet training!

NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My daughter uses the Baby Bjorn potty. It's really cute and simple. She loves sitting on it.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Rafael has both the stand alone potty seat (got him a thomas the train potty for christmas) and he also has the potty "ring" for the big potty. He thinks the stand alone potty is a toy and he just plays with it. He won't even sit on it without a diaper. He only likes the potty ring on the big potty. Is Sara scared of the big potty or not? Because it might just be easier to teach her to use the potty ring, instead of transitioning from the little potty to the big potty
    Rafaelsmom

Answer by Rafaelsmom at 10:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• We have both of the seats but my dd (3) is still small so she has been using the stand alone potty and she will dump the pee in the potty and flush it.  When we are in public I lift her up on the big potty and she is fine as well.

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 12:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009