Help - passport & deadbeat dad

My 14 yr olds band trip is to Caramel, Mexico.
Her father has not contact the kids sense 2009.
Is there any legal way around getting her a passport?
She'll miss this trip without one. I have a case with the attorney general, who are unable to locate him. So, how can I locate him? Without spending money, I don't have to hire someone or whatever to find him.

This is so unfair for my daughter.

Any suggestions, Please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I don't know of a way to do so without spending money..do you have his Social and everything? THen you can try some online searches you can usually get a free trial(write down on a calender when you have to cancel to prevent getting charged)..and try that way. I had some limited luck with my ex doing that...had he not be a schizophrenic idiot(criminal) then I probably really could have found him instead of just old addresses but I found his trail.

Beyond that, contact a family lawyer or someone. Does the passport office say you have to have his signature/permission or what?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Do you have sole legal custody? If you do this shouldn't be a problem.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• One Parent
    (with sole legal custody)
    MUST:
    •Appear in person with the minor
    •Sign Form DS-11 in front of an Acceptance Agent
    •Submit primary evidence of sole authority to apply for the child with one of the following:
    ◦Minor's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate listing only the applying parent
    ◦Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only the applying parent
    ◦Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order)
    ◦Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent)
    ◦Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child
    ◦Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent
    ◦Death certificate of non-applying parent
    NOTE: If none of the above documentation is available, the applying parent must submit Form DS-
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• cont'd

NOTE: If none of the above documentation is available, the applying parent must submit Form DS-3053 stating why the non-applying parent/guardian's consent cannot be obtained
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• Are you still married to him?
    There should be a way to get her a passport, but I do not know how. I will see if my friends in legal places know.
    An attorney should be able to handle this though.

Sad as it might be, your fourteen year old will not be scarred for life if she can not go.

Many of us had opportunities that for one reason or another we could not take advantage of.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• He does not want to be found - owes all these years of child support.
    I'm going to out local court house tomorrow.
    This is crap.
    Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• I should have read luv's answer first. There you go.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• We divorced in 2002.
    I know, she will not be scared for life but this is a crappy reason for her not to get to go.
    He's already a deadbeat - not caring about her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• if you are divorced you dont meed his information, take your custody papers with you
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• When you divorced was you given physical legal sole custody of your daughter or given shared custody with him?

Does his family know where he is?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2013