I've had paraguard. for over a year and my periods have been normal, now i was over a week late and sudenly there has been light spotting that will last maybe an hour at a time every few days.

Should i be worried about this my periods have been normal on the seventeenth every month. Then i was two weeks late before the spotting started. Now its been over a month since i was supposed to have a "normal" period and about three weeks since the spotting started. Ive had my iud in place for over a year now.

Alicia L.

Asked by Alicia L. at 10:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor would be a great resource.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2013

• This is a great question for your doctor. If you are pregnant, you will probably want to get rid of the paraguard. Put a call in and see if they want you to come in.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I have paragard and will have sort of inconsistant periods at times. I've had mine for about 5 years. Sometimes I have two periods a month, sometimes I go a month and a half before I get my period. The only way to know what's going on for sure is to see your Dr. or take a pregnancy test (if that's what you are worried about).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2013