Not a question, But I was asked for an update on my situation. So, UPDATE.

Last week I posted a question regarding losing two triplets and told my story of how I ended up in the ER due to chest pains and found out that I have gall stones and two of my triplets didn't have heartbeats, and I was asked for an update after I found out more. I went to a new OB and a perinatal doctor (two separate appointments) on tuesday. I called to make the appointment with a new OB on monday, and they said that because of my situation, they wanted me in the office first thing Tuesday morning. After my OB saw me, they called the perinatal doctor and the perinatal asked to see me immediately and had me back in an office two hour later. The OB checked me out and did an ultrasound to confirm that I had three babies, but also confirmed that only one had a heartbeat. But the one that was still alive was moving a lot and looked happy. They checked me out like a normal first appointment and told me to come back in two weeks, and that because I haven't had any bleeding or cramping and the position of the identical babies that I lost (they had moved off the the side/sunk down and looked like the sac was deflating), they think that my body will just let the baby grow and because the surviving baby is fraternal, everything looks good with it and that they don't think it will have any issues. The perinatal doctor decided to do EXTENSIVE ultrasound after telling me that ultrasounds have shown nothing to suggest that it would harm my baby, but that they wanted to make sure that everything about the baby was 'right'. They measured all three and said that the surviving baby is 12 weeks 4 days along with a due date of March 27th, and the other two stopped growing at 10 weeks 5 days (within two days after my last appointment where they were all okay.). The surviving baby has a heart rate of 167bpm which I was told is amazing and strong, and they checked out its brain, neck, arms, legs, and everything else that they could including stomach and organs, and said that the baby is absolutely perfect but it's a little mover and kept causing problems with photos because it LOVED the camera on my stomach and just wanted to dance. It even woke up at the beginning of the ultrasound, stretched really big and pushed the other two babies out of its way and started waving its hands and feet at me. It has perfect fingers and toes, and I started calling it my Bumble B because it was my baby B when we found out about multiples. Today they had me come back in and drew 13 vials of blood, took a urine sample and did my glucose testing. I have appointments in two weeks with my OB and six weeks with the perinatal which is when I will find out Bumble B's gender. I still haven't had any bleeding or cramping, and with them passing two weeks ago, I was told that it's a very good sign that they won't mess with the baby. It's still extremely hard to cope with the fact that I lost two babies, and I was told that it will make certain tests a lot harder (such as downs syndrome testing, blood gender testing, etc.) I'm still extremely excited for the baby that we DO get to have, and so is my amazing boyfriend, I'm just going to be a lot more over-protective with everything baby. I want to thank everybody that gave me such kind and supporting words last week, it made me feel a lot better. This is a really hard first pregnancy, but after a hurricane, eventually the sun will shine and I will get my little rainbow and know that it's the baby that really fought to be here. My special baby.

ElsaH

Asked by ElsaH at 12:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Really glad that at least this baby is doing good but very sorry and very sad to hear about your other two. You should take time to grieve but also make sure to take care of yourself and you lil one. Things will get easier and you'll soon be overwhelmed with excitement for the lil one that is still with you.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 12:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Thanks for the update. We hope you'll be able to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Awww, I'm so sorry but am glad Bumble B is doing so well!

Hang in there and know you have lots of support here for you!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I hope you and the baby make it through this. I am so sorry that you lost 2 babies, I thought losing 1 was the worst feeling ever.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Thank you for the update. I'm glad your getting good medical care abd that everything looks good with baby.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Thanks for letting us know. Let yourself grieve for the lost ones, but hold tight to the fact that Bumble Bee will soon light up your world.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I hope all will be well with you and your family from here on out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:01 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• ((Hugs)) and thanks for the update.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I'm glad the new dr.' s have been able to put you at ease with the pregnancy and risks. All most parents want are healthy babies, so we can all understand your concern in your last question. Good luck with the pregnancy and congrats on finding a more proactive Dr.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:54 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• ((hugs))
    take care of yourself.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2013