My three month old daughter screams bloody murder when daddy holds her only daddy. When I have her she calms right down. Is this normal?

Taraeve

Asked by Taraeve at 8:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, she just likes her momma.. She will outgrow it and only want daddy soon enough!
    Haydensmom326

Answer by Haydensmom326 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i agree i am asumiong you are a sahm because of her attachment to u.daddy is at work most of time to her so he is "new'to her.the baby well out grow it.we had that 2
    marisab

Answer by marisab at 8:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my son has always preferred mama. he's 7 months old now and is beginning to enjoy daddy time. but anytime he's upset or tired, only mama will do.
    sbailey

Answer by sbailey at 9:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• it normal. at first.
    just have your husband spend time with her or feed her
    they need to bond. ask your husband to help change the diaper or put her to sleep when she need nap.

My baby 8 month now and love to see her dad. He traveling for work and he back on thurs and she love to see him. There is glow in her eyes and big smile when she see her dad. She has for me too big not too much..
    my daughter only call for me when she is trouble or when she is awake or need food.
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would get a couple of books about Daddy being special. There are some. Then you can read them together. That helps. My son went through a big phase and that helped. We also would do "exciting" things during the day that we wanted to show Daddy when he got home.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 10:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008