How do you know if you're really saved?

How do I know if I'm really saved? I sometimes have little faith and start doubting things. I believe in Christ and God...but it is so hard sometimes. Am I still saved?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Stop worrying about if you are saved.

It is by God's grace that any of us are saved - not by our own acts. His peace passeth understanding, so yeah! Problem solved.

Really, seriously - drink your water, take your vitamins, read your BIble, love your family, work in your community and live your life.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Romans 10:9-10 Its really that simple. Stop doubting yourself.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I gotta agree with the 2 previous posts! They both said it so well!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• As long as we have confessed our sind to Christ and truelly repent then we are saved. Just have faith and go on. I know its hard because I go through times. BUt I just pray for comfort and faith and move on.
    ljdsnow

Answer by ljdsnow at 10:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• What can give real assurance to a real believer? 1. Do I have a Present Trust in Christ for Salvation? 2. Is there Evidence of a Regenerating Work of the Holy Spirit in My Heart? 3. Do I see a Long-Term Pattern of Growth in my Christian Life?

Great article - it goes into more details on each question http://proverbs-women.com/assurance.html

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Is Jesus Christ the Lord of your life? Is He the one who is in control of you, or are you still trying to run your own life, make your own decisions? All of us slip from allowing Him to be in complete control at all times, but I'm talking about for the most part. Do you sense His presence with you, or do you just hope that He is with you? Was there a point in time when you gave your life to Him and can you remember where you were and exactly what happened at that time? If these things are true in your life, then you can use them as anchors of your faith. If you don't have such anchors, then you may have never done serious business with God as it relates to true salvation.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you have the mark of Christ upon you then you are saved, i.e. if you were baptized you were saved.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You know you are saved by 1) Confessing your sins 2) Asking the Lord to forgive you of your sins 3) Repenting of your sin and 4) Asking the Lord to come into your heart and forgive you of all your sin and to take you to Heaven when you die. If you've done all that, and you truly believe, then you are saved.

Doubt sometimes come from the devil. He doesn't want you to believe that God will provide for you or that you are OK. Don't let satan attack you. It'll be alright =)
    Anonymous

• All you need to beleive is the Gospel - 1Corithians 15:1-4, That plus nothing else is Savation ! If you beleive that, you are saved ! The next step is discipleship, getting into a good bible study, a bible based church & fellowship with mature beleivers, those things will encourage you in the faith not toss you to & fro. The time spent nurturing your relationship with Jesus, will develope your understanding for His will in Your life.
    Blessings, Danielle
    Anonymous

• (baptism is not the mark of Christ upon a person - it's an outward symbolic act of an INWARD mark) I know several strong Christians who have not been baptized yet for a variety of reasons. My husband was a Christian for more than 10 years before he was baptized.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 3:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009