Is it normal to bleed bright red 18weeks pregnant?

I started bleeding about 3 days ago got rushed to the hospital and after havin an ultrasound doctors said that babies where fine(im havin twins) and there heartbeat looked normal.as i got home the bleedin stoped now 3 days after its started again only this time of have menstrual like cramps and da bleeding is not as heavy it very light. I have an o.b appointment on monday but im worried since i have already expirienced 2 miscarriages.

Denia92

Asked by Denia92 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call and explain to doc exactly what is happening. Better to be safe. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Call your doctor to be safe.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• No it's not normal. Call your doctor and let them know what is going on. This kind of thing they WANT you to call in about.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Did they say anything about previa? You need to call your doctor right now, or just go in to the office, please rest as much as possible.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Call your doctor.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• My doc told me he does not know where the bleeding is from i been in bed 4 days now i called and he told me to relax till monday which is when i have my app .. i dont know what else to do i been i the e.r already and they did noting bt an ultrasound which everything look fine
    Denia92

Comment by Denia92 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I'm also thinking previa... I bled because of the previa and SCH. They won't do anything other than bedrest if it is previa... you HAVE to take it easy because of the severity. They told me if it got to a pad an hour then to go back to ER.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Well I assume that your doctor knows best, I guess I don't need to tell you not to have sex correct? You need to be on complete bedrest until you see the doctor!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Get back to the ER again.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Is there any way you can get in before the weekend? Hang in there, Mama, I know bleeding during pregnancy and fearing miscarriage is one of the worst feelings there is on the planet. For the sake of your peace of mind, try to get back to the doc today or tomorrow.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2013