i tried baking cupcakes in aluminium as well as silicon cups. the silicon one got burnt, while the aluminium one didn't cook through! then how to make perfect cupcakes??

i also want to know the exact time for baking and in what should we bake it....microwave, oven or an OTG?

Bhawna J.

Asked by Bhawna J. at 2:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I've only baked cupcakes in paper liners, in the oven, following the exact directions. I've never had a problem.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I've done all three in the oven(never even thought of doing it in the mirco). But of course at different times. Normally the oven is on 350 degrees and then I bake until they are done(a toothpick comes out clean). I don't time things very much just keep an eye on it..normally somewhere around 10 mins.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Gas or electric and are you baking them on a rack positioned in the middle of the oven?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I usually follow the time on the recipe and bake them in the oven, but I start checking every minute or so with a toothpick as it gets closer to the time they should be done. Honestly, the toothpick test is the best way to make sure cakes are done.

I bake at 350 unless otherwise indicated, and I have used paper liners as well as aluminum with success.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Did you place the silicone pan on a cookie sheet? Were both pans on the middle rack?
    I've never had cupcakes come out uncooked or burned

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• It sounds like your oven runs too hot. You need an oven thermometer to find out how much.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I suck at baking but they do have directions.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• raise the rack. cupcake pan paper liners or place the silicone cups on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2013