Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Question about public records (marriage)

I have a close friend whose DH left her and their 2 teen daughters. They are now legally divorced, custody and support all taken care of. So, it turns out that he might have gotten married because his new GF has an Instagram with his last name as hers. She wants to know if he married her. His family gives her no info. He is an ass who doesnt speak to his children. But, she desperately wants to know. All the search i did online brought me to websites where you have to pay to get the info. But, i thought public records were free??? I need to find the marriage records for Alabama, but not a website where you have to pay.
Can anyone help???


Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2013 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • Since they are legally divorced they are both free to re-marry. He cheated, and the children are older and know a lot, he probably does not want to look his children in the eyes, so this may be why he stays away. Hopefully one day he will reconnect with his children and she will have to accept that he now has another life and it does not include her and sadly right now his children.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • Honestly, it is none of her business if he is or if he isn't. He obviously wants nothing to do with his kids so she should be thankful she got rid of the douchebag and move on with her life. She is better off without him.

    Answer by kmath at 6:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • Why the hell does she care what the douche of an ex does with his life?

    Answer by Rosehawk at 6:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • I guess I'm just not understanding. He's a dick. They're not married anymore. He keeps making excuses for why he won't see his kids, and she STILL wants to know what's going on with him?

    WHO CARES???

    He's making it perfectly clear that he wants nothing to do with your friend or his kids. It's time to walk away and live their lives without him in it.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 6:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • It depends on the state, some states' records are easier to get than others.

    Answer by 3libras at 6:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • Don't worry. He will be wanting them to come visit as soon as the baby is a little older and they want a free babysitter. Perhaps she should just be happy that he has moved on and isn't paying as much attention to your kids.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 6:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • Stay out of it. If he ignores his kids that's HIS loss. Most likely a guilty conscience.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • Is the "friend" really you???

    If not, then stay out of it.

    Answer by KTElite at 11:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • You. Really need to stay out of this. Truthfully it is something she need to get over.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

  • You can check newspapers in the county they might have married in, but I agree with everyone else. She should just let it go and move on.

    Answer by mommy_jules at 8:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2013