is it normal to have cramps in the begining of a pregnency

I am about 6 weeks along and just found out a coulp days ago. The concern is that I keep getting this crampy feeling that I don't remember getting with my first 2 pregnencies.

Alyndria

Asked by Alyndria at 9:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is it like period cramps? or is it like you get up to fast and you cramp? Both are normal......
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• With my first pregnancy I had cramping so bad for two weeks straight. I had endometriosis and the cramps were worse than any others I had ever felt. I didn't find out I was pregnant until after the cramping stopped. Completely normal as long as you aren't bleeding.
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I had Round Ligament Syndrome (I think that 's what it was called, at least) with my last two pregnancies. It has to do with the ligaments holding your uterus re-stretching after you've already stretched them once (during your first pregnancy). I didn't have the pain with my first two, but with the last two, it was HORRIBLE!!! The "cramps" were always there until about 13 or 14 weeks, but it was a whole lot worse when I stood up...like to the point that I would double over in pain.
    So, I'd say, yes, it's normal, but talk to your doctor if it's too painful.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 12:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I guess they are more anoying then painful. They feel like mentral cramps with no bleeding, and I usualy get then when I stand up or have to pick up one of my kids. What worries me is that in the last couple days every time I get them I get dissy and a little disoriented, but the Doc says I am fine but wont see me till I am 10-12 weeks along.
    Alyndria

Answer by Alyndria at 2:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009