Any idea why they would give us a new plate number?

I sent in the check for our new license plate sticker ($75 ugh) and they sent me a slip stating that we would be getting whole new plates. Makes sense. Ours are 14 years old.
They came today. We have a whole new plate number. Isn't that weird?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• They probably thought your old plates needed replaced and they don't give you a specific number, just whatever plate is on the top of the pile...then that is assigned to your car...otherwise they would have to make your individual plates. Most plates are still made at the prisons I believe, so it isn't a very specific process.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• I got new ones a few years ago as well. Not sure exactly why they do it though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Did they update the looks of the plates? I know WY has had a couple different versions and that could be one reason for new numbers.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2013

• Nope. Same basic design

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2013