I am surprised nobody has seen this or posted it... The assault team was ordered to stand down at that Naval yard shooting... WTF??

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Capitol Police department has launched a review after allegations surfaced that a supervisor ordered a tactical response team to leave the scene of the shooting that left 12 victims and the gunman dead, rather than assist municipal officers.

"I don't think it's a far stretch to say that some lives may have been saved if we were allowed to intervene," a Capitol Police source told BBC.

Four heavily-armed members of the Containment and Emergency Response Team (CERT) were nearby when the initial report of an active shooter was announced, sources told BBC.

An officer with the Metropolitan Police Department told the tactical officers, who were wearing full tactical gear and armed with HK-416 weapons, that they were the only officers on the scene with long guns and their help was needed to stop Aaron Alexis.

When the CERT team radioed their superiors, they were told to leave the scene, according to the report.

Capitol Hill Police chief Kim Dine has ordered "a comprehensive, independent review of the facts surrounding the Capitol Police's response to the Navy Yard shootings".

"It's a very serious allegation and inference to indicate that we were on scene and could have helped and were told to leave," said Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Terry Gainer, who oversees the Capitol Police department. "It crushes me if that's the case."
******************************************************************

WTF?? Hmmm, do I hear echoes of Benghazi? As Holder would say "Never let a crisis go to waste". I just find this whole situation mind boggling. Then the whole thing added with Obama';s "partisan budget speech" within hours of the shooting, then uses the shooting to further the gun control debate.
If this happened, which I hope NOT, but if it did, someone better get FIRED. I'm normally not one to say to fire an officer, but this has cross the line.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you. But I'm always leery of unnamed sources.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• How tragic, if this is true. I hope there's a reasonable explanation that will come out, but I suppose it won't greatly surprise me if there isn't.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I heard something about this on the radio today. Unbelievable.

I seem to be saying that about way too many incidents lately.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I'm a terrible cynic when it comes to things like this, so I think I will keep my opinion to myself.

I will share that I am not terribly surprised though.

Also, not a whole lot gets shared or debated here anymore.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• "Also, not a whole lot gets shared or debated here anymore."

Most of that moved over to the Politics and Current Events Board. Wear your flack jacket when entering.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I joined that group and quit. They operate like every other CM owned board. It's chock full of double standards and vitriol. I quit because of that and haven't looked back. It actually reminds me a little of how PCE used to be, but with more double standard than you used to find in the Answers PCE. Part of the reason I left that group. Too many personal attacks and instead of providing many sources, some people just discount the information in a source instead of finding one that gives differing opinions and information.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I am still technically a member but do not visit hardly at all for the same reasons.
    It seems very much like an if you agree with me club that only wants to hear their own opinion. LOL
    I go to answers because I want all different views. I personally do not thing debate means personal attacks because you disagree. But then I prefer intelligent discussions for the most part, or just for fun.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2013