Time between teeth lost...

daughter had one out earlier this week, sept 17th. prior to that her last one was nov 12th. .... 10 months! good lord that seems crazy... I know every child is different but is that weird? she's 7 years 3 months old right now..

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Kids' Health

• my daughter lost her first one in april her second one in may and has not lost one since. she will be 7 in november.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I had to have all but one of my daughter's teeth pulled - she never lost her baby teeth. Even her top two front teeth - she had all four baby and adult teeth in her mouth. The adult teeth just push the baby teeth up on their way in. She also, had two sets of wisdom teeth! We had 14 teeth pulled a one time for the orthodontist. * being wisdom teeth...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Just wait, she could be like mine and lose 4 in 3 weeks! The Tooth Fairy almost went broke during that time! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• my 6 year old (will be 7 next month) hasnt lost a tooth since the beginning of this year. since her first one last year she's only lost a total of 4 teeth, maybe 5. they seemed to kind of all come out at once and then nothing since then.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• What was the time frame when she CUT her teeth? A lot of times they'll lose them the same way. Both of my kid are following that trend. My son cut his first two teeth at 4 months old, then went 10 months before cutting more. He lost his first two teeth in Kindergarten, he was 6. Then he went quite a while before losing any more. When he finally did, they all fell out at once.

Jan 2011, he was 7 years, 3 months. He was missing those teeth for Christmas too.

My daughter is 6 1/2 and finally lost her first two teeth over the summer. She didn't cut her first tooth until she was 11 months old.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• My oldest hadn't lost any teeth since he was 9. He turned 12 September 1st and lost 4 teeth in one week about a month before his birthday. I thought that was weird. What you've described doesn't sound so uncommon to me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Yeah, D will lose one or two and then go months without losing any.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2013