If you found $10...

I found a $10 bill while cleaning someone's house. I was honest and told her about it and left it on her kitchen counter. my dad thought maybe its a test to see what i'd do lol , maybe so.

of course the thought of keeping it crossed my mind but I didn't and I wouldn't want to lose my job over $10.

what would you have done?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• put it in my gas tank... it's empty!! hahaha j/k I thought I would answer differently than everyone else!

But no, I wouldn't keep it especially if it's in someone's home. Now if I found it on the ground or something while out and about... all bets are off!! lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• You did the right thing. Money found in a client's house is not yours to keep.

Answer by Bmat at 8:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• When you go to a friend's home and see money laying around do you consider taking that too?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• It's not like you found it in the street and no one around...
    you found it in her house. OF COURSE you leave it for her in an obvious place and a note ;)

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Truthfully I would have left it where I found it. Cleaned the area then put it back.

Answer by louise2 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• In houses or hotel rooms. If you are on the job cleaning those places. Andy money you find is not yours. Unless specifically said it is yours.

Answer by louise2 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Leave it where it belongs.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I would have left it for the home owners. I don't take things that aren't mine.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• of course I would have left it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Finding $10 in someone's house is way different than finding it on the street, of course you did the right thing, I would have left a note, saying found this on the floor.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2013