What did you do?

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life, hearing my son's heart beat for the first time... so amazing. So what did you do or how did you react hearing you child's heart beat for the first time?

soon2bmom770

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Truthfully, I was thinking oh shit omg fml this is really happening.

I was young and scared
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I thought it was kind of cool, but I was SO NOT interested in having a baby then...I was kinda like damn...I really AM pregnant

*wouldn't change it now, but back then I was not really happy about it (at least not in the beginning)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I teared up

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I found it interesting. That's pretty much it. I'm not a particularly sensitive person though.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• It was kind of kewl. Made it a bit more real for me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Totally with funlovinlady on this one! I was 19, and it was definitely more of an "OMG this is really happening" moment for me.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I was ecstatic. I was never supposed to conceive, so it was truly amazing to me that I had a real live baby growing inside of me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Hearing that heartbeat stopped me from having an abortion. Glad I didn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• it was the same day that they confirmed the demise of two of the babies in my womb, so when I heard the one little heartbeat for the very first time, i bawled my eyes out. partially because there was only one, and partially because that is MY baby. I cant even feel him/her yet, but there they were, with a strong heartbeat. my very first (and super unplanned) baby. A lot of things became reality in there. afterwards when I was looking at the ultrasound pictures, i just wished that it was a video so i could hear it again, and again, and again.
    ElsaH

Answer by ElsaH at 1:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• with baby #1 I was in such shock...... scared to get too too attached and felt almost embarrassed. I spent 4 years with no periods and being told I couldn't have kids so getting knocked up a month after my wedding was surreal. I felt like I was faking or having a hallucination crazy pregnancy up til the 3rd trimester. I never wanted to even let husband feel kicks because I was scared it was gas. I was stunned every ultrasound and even more stunned at the delivery, lol.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2013