Im not pregnant but I do have two kids 10 and 7. Last year I was told thaty cervix is pushed back far so it took the doctor longer to place the IDU. This year I was told the same. Why?

Why and what causes my cervix to be so far back?

MissTaylor30

Asked by MissTaylor30 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Health

• You do know those things are good for 5-10 years based on the brand, correct?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I don't know. Mine tilts to the left. I didn't ask why, they just stated it as a fact.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Your uterus is retroverted (tips to the back). Mine is too. There's nothing you did that caused it. It just is. Though some things such as endrometriosis and pregnancy can cause it to tilt.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Everyone's cervix is different.
    Relax.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Why is the doctor placing an IUD two years in a row? As for the cervix all women are different and if you are worried as your doctor.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• It do last for 5 years. I my womanly annual check up once a year. My apologies if read wrong.
    MissTaylor30

Comment by MissTaylor30 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2013