If your husband/baby daddy ran away. don't you think you could find him?

Listen, I know there are plenty of deadbeat Mom and Dads out there, but was thinking of Passport lady, and if my husband up and ran away, I am aware of his extended family.
Now I am not sure that they would inform me of where he was, but I really think that if he ran off, I could probably locate him.

I can't imagine a grandmother keeping her adult child's location a secret, esp if she wanted to see her grand kids.

So do you have enough detective skills to find someone?

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I could. But, the question is: would I want to?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• LOL 3 libras this lady needs him to sign for her kid's passport.
    If my DH up and left us, I wouldn't look to hard for him, we would take our passports and run to Mexico, LOL!
    I figure if he was a big enough douche to run, I or they don't need him.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I think there are definitely some avenues I could take to try to track him down, however it would be possible for him to hide from me if he were so inclined. It would require a different lifestyle than he has grown accustomed to though. He would have to work under the table jobs so there would be no tax information to use to track him down. I know other people that talk to him so he would have to limit communication with them as well. If I needed something like his signature or something of sort like passport lady, then I would possibly go so far as to place an ad in the paper to find him, at least so I had documentation to prove that I had tried to find him in some way.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I'm really not sure if I could find my ex if he ran. His mom has passed away and he's not close to any of his family. He has no close friends and no real ties to any particular areas. We were married for 12 years.

Answer by missanc at 10:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• If not for his health issues, mine could disappear quite effectively. He has no extended family that he keeps in contact with, his parents are dead so no grandparent issues, and his best friend is also former military with intelligence training. They both could vanish and create new lives for themselves if they cared to.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• If he up & left I'd never want to see his face again.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I probably could, but most likely wouldn't want to.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I think so, unless he completely left everyone and everything he has ever known, and I honestly don't see that happening. His parents and other family members wouldn't hide his whereabouts from me especially if he just left the kids and me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• People can disappear. But most wouldn't want to because unless you're trained in how to do it right, you have to live somewhat of a marginalized lifestyle so you don't leave a paper trail.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• My ex is a registered sex offender (to be clear, this happened AFTER our divorce!), so in theory, I should have no trouble locating him since he's required to register. However, if he ran, he'd be running not just from me but from the law, so he would probably go to great lengths to avoid being findable, and I don't have extra money to try to really dig in and find him. Of course, if he ran, it would make my life way simpler and I wouldn't WANT to look for him, so....
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2013