Bush shoe incident.

I am not a fan of Bush, but I have to say I was really impressed with his reflexes. I know having a shoe thrown at you in Iraq is a great insult, but I have to say I respected him a little more when he dodged so quickly. Was anyone else impressed by his maneuvering or where you mostly just taken with the actual issue of the shoe being thrown?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 9:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was impressed with his ducking also. While it was a crappy incident, I think it would have been much worse if he'd actually been hit, so good for him and his reflexes!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I was concerned with the fact that someone managed to get that close to the leaders of two countries and throw anything (that could just as easily have been a grenade as a shoe) and didn't get taken out immediately. Iraq has some lousy security - shining example of why we're still there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I was..he's quick.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• slow news day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Maybe it's a slow news day, they were just showing the clips on CNN. Anyway, Notpanicking I think it's easier to sneak shoe into a press conference than a grenade. I mean, everyone is wearing shoes. They could hardly anticipate that he was going to take them off and toss them. I wouldn't blame Iraq for this one.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes I was...lol I did not want to laugfh but I could not believe this was happening I know he hasn't been that great for us but he was still OUR president. I kind of felt bad for him and yes he moved so smooth when the shoes were coming at him...LOL Not once but twice the first time he ducked he sprung right back up like waiting for other shoe...LOL and ducked again.

He did say when he left the presidency... He was leaving with his head up high. God Bless him...lol I am sure he is a cool person to talk to, but not president wise.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• They could hardly anticipate that he was going to take them off and toss them. I wouldn't blame Iraq for this one.
    -----------------------------
    ITA
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• They could hardly anticipate that he was going to take them off and toss them.

They should look up Richard Reid sometime
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Lol I laughed when I saw it on tv. No I don't even have one ounce of respect for him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The guy who threw the shoes is finding out that Iraq doesn't mollycoddle it's prisoners like the U.S. does. He will be lucky if he gets off with nothing but a public caning! As for Bush's reflexes, he's probably had a lot of practise. I can't imagine that he has managed to bumble through life this far without enraging any number of people to the point of throwing stuff at him. (I'd throw stuff at him too, if I was close enough!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2009