Comcast user accounts

Any one out there have a DH that has seven active mail comcast accounts listed on his computer, one username is from a decease pet name? I only have one account. Is this normal? please do not ask me to ask him why, I have and the reasons are bla bla, I am clueless on this matter. any advice? oh btw I did call comcast and online, when I did this he recieved a e-mail alert from comcast that I was asking why, he got upset and ordered me never to contact anyone....about anything..

gramma1sews

Asked by gramma1sews at 10:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Youre asking if anyone has multiple e mail accounts?
    Yes
    Are you asking if mine (specifically) has more than one?
    No. I am the one with multiple accounts.

If you have asked him and he has given mundane reasons, what's the issue?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:44 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• He ordered you never to contact anyone, about anything ... that's all I need to read for some serious red flags to go up. Orderd you? Seriously? And why did he get so huffy about it?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I have several email accounts - my personal one, my public one (for fans to contact me, website related stuff, etc.), and a couple others for various reasons (one for spam, one for my ex to contact me, etc.). Multiple email accounts isn't a problem, in my book.

What is a problem is his demand that you never contact anyone about anything - aside from the fact that it's rude and controlling, it indicates to me that he's hiding something that he doesn't want you to find out.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I agree with pp's that multiple accounts isn't a problem (my dh and I both do), but his reaction signifies a huge problem. And the fact that you feel like you can't talk to him about it is the biggest problem.

Answer by missanc at 11:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Umm....he's a douche?

Yes, my husband has multiple email accounts. More than he really needs. Does he care if I go snooping through them on a whim? No.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• If you only have one account I'd be far more concerned about your own personal security than wondering why he has more than one (which is what you should do to keep your personal/business/commercial email info separate)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• We have several. One for ebay, one for personal, one for band business, one for my business, one for my personal, etc. That is not the issue here. The issue is that he has hidden the passwords from you.
    Your hubby is hiding something.
    You either confront him and get a satisfactory answer, or he continues to hide and you buy into his bullshit excuses.
    Maybe it's time to lay down the law!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I currently have 3 active email accounts I use, only one of which is on Comcast. I just really don't like their email program.

It seems bizarre that he would get huffy over being asked why. I have no problem saying why I have multiple email accounts, but then I also have nothing to hide.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2013