Hated for reasons unknown adult content

Well my DD is about to turn 16 and is having her party this Sunday. I asked her if she knew who was coming and who was not. She told me one of her closer friends was not coming. I was kind of surprised, but asked if it was because she had other plans or simply needed a ride, because I'm all for picking them up and taking them home. Apparently she is not coming because her parents hate me. I'm like umm ok. Of course I am fine with being hated, but I have been racking my head trying to figure out WHY they don't care for me. I've only met her mom a couple of times and we made small talk. Nothing too controversial. Her dad I don't think I ever officially met. He gave my daughter a ride home a couple of times and I remember thanking him. DD says it's because I'm awesome. Granted her friend's parents seemed a little strict and serious. Oh well. So anyone else want to hate me today?? Flagged just in case.

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 11:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• If you do call them, ask if her getting a ride is the issue because you are willing to pick her up and drop her off for them.

For some reason, I might have a good time putting them on the spot in this situation.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• they hate you cause they ain't you.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• It's their loss. Hating someone who doesn't even know that she's hated, or why, seems pretty futile for the hater.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• No hate from me. I'm probably sort of like you (not in awesome department, but not completely strict on my kids).

What can you say, haters gonna hate.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• If it is truly a really good friend of your Daughter then I'd call like Quinn said!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• AWE, you were being hated on last week too, weren't you? LOL, I get confused.

Parents like the ones hating on you are doing an injustice to not only your child but their own!
    I would want to know why myself, just so I could tell them where to eff off if their reasoning is ridiculous! Then, they'd have a reason to hate you.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Personally, I'd put them on the spot. I'd call and be like, "Hey, Sally's having a birthday party and Jane says she can't come. Can you tell me why?" lol

I seriously would, though. Not to try to force them to be honest and admit they hate me, but to find out if there's a way we can resolve this so that my kid could have her best friend at her party.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Sounds like the story got mixed up somewhere. Call and ask.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I'd call and ask why. No apologies, just an explanation, please.
    Probably some bullshit excuse like she heard there would be boys there or something completely false.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Parent to parent communication is always a good thing in my book. There can always be a little inadvertant "flair" to the story that is added as it is filtered though teens. I'd give the other mom a ring and personally invite her daughter to the party and see what is up.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2013