Any easy ways to (comfortably) pop your back while pregnant?

My back has been killing me and I just know that it would feel better if I could pop it, but ever since I started really showing (not a huge belly, but definitely a decent bump) nothing that I used to do works out well. For obvious reasons, laying down and having someone else do it is a no-no, and a lot of the times when I sit on the floor and try to twist, my stomach hits the leg that I have bent up. Are there any ways to comfortably and safely get is to pop or feel any better without going to a chiropractor? I'm so unused to being so uncomfortable all the time, since it's my first pregnancy, the peeing frequently with a seemingly always full bladder is weird, and the tiredness is going strong, breast tenderness and now my back killing me all the time. I don't know how everybody seems to handle it so amazingly well.

ElsaH

Asked by ElsaH at 4:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• you may need a spotter to help you if balance gets wonky but I favored standing in either kitchen or bathroom and putting a foot on the counter. opened my pelvis, hips, and made back feel awesome. sort of a ballerina bar type thing
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• My husband pops mine by standing behind me and pulling me up under my arms, but I'm not real sure how.

Answer by missanc at 4:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Sometimes I can get relief by leaning backwards in a low-backed chair, so that there's support but I still get a good stretch. Also, if you have a place in your house where two walls meet at a right angle--not a corner, but like the opposite so there's a point, you can lean back on that and sort of roll back and forth.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• The only way I could do it would be to lay on my left side, raise my right leg up to my belly as far as I could then twist by back, sometimes I would have my DH help me by pushing my hip and pulling my shoulder.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• also try bending back, like if your bed is not too high off the ground lay your back on the bed and your feet on thefloor. My bed is the right height for me and the weight of my legs helps pop it
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Yoga ball? Do the downward dog pose. Lie on your left side near the edge of the bed and drop your right leg down in front. Hold for a ten count. reverse and do left leg while lying on right side. Sometime it helps sometime it doesn't.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I went to a chiropractor who had a pregger belly cutout on his bench - saved me from sooo much discomfort. Your body goes through so many changes, no wonder the spinal column gets out of whack.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• You DON"T do it yourself unless you have a D.C. (Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine) after your name.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• "Pop" your back? That doesn't sound good. What do you mean by "Pop" ? A massage would be helpful, maybe some gentle stretching. I think "popping" could be dangerous. Whatever "popping" is.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• "Popping" is the lay men's term for lining up the facet joints.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2013