how can I dilate a little more?

Im 39 1/2 weeks and I am scheduled for a c section on Wednesday due to my cervix being "stick" at 1 cm. I really don't want a c section so I need to dilate atleast 2 more cm. Do you have any suggestions?

samortega

Asked by samortega at 5:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Stuck not stick...sorry.
    samortega

Comment by samortega (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Don't think it's possible without the contractions going. Have they tried anything to help get it going?
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Are they going to try to induce you first? I would certainly ask why they are not planning on trying this method first. There may be reasons that we do not know but I would ask all my question before I agree to I.
    I have had 2 C-sections and they are not bad.

There is not much you can do on your own except have sex if you are in a committed relationship. Sex should start you contractions and it will "grease the chute"
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• You're not even due yet. Why on earth would they schedule a section? Are you high risk or something? I would think that laboring would make more sense
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Your not ready to dialate. That's all. Doctors are so ready to do c-sections now days.

Answer by louise2 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Have you had sex?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I am being induced but im also on the schedule for a c section because they think the medicine will not work quickly. I'm fully effaced just not completely dilated. She has done a sweep and nothing has happened. I know "my body is not ready" but this baby is ready. I have tried sex quite a few times now. Walking just isn't for me due to the fact that she is so low I can barley walk down the street.
    samortega

Comment by samortega (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• Good luck. I don't know what you can do, but I hope you have a safe, easy delivery and a healthy baby.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I would be telling that doc to back off, unless the baby is in distress there is no reason for a C-section. If they feel the need to induce you fine, but don't automatically jump to a C-section.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2013

• I could BARELY walk too with my third baby and he was overdue but there was no way in hell I would have agreed to a C-Section or being induced. He was born safely, vaginally ,about 10 days late. I didn't care how uncomfortable I was. The baby's safety is most important every time!
    BARELY, not "barley". Barley is a grain.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2013